Saturday, June 30, 2012

Carrollton City's Tax Incentive


I emailed Peter J. Braster in Carrollton City hall. He is a senior manager in Transit-oriented development. I asked about some benefit when I would develop a street mall in Carrollton. 

He emailed back to me like this. 

The City of Carrollton has limited options to incentivize/ support development.  First the project must have a commercial use.  A mall would qualify.  Tax abatements would be the only available option for the City since we are a member of DART and our 4a and 4b sales tax money goes to DART, we can’t use incentives like Frsico does.  For our incentive policy look one our website here:  City of Carrollton Incentives  You can figure out what kind of rebate a mall project would get based on the table.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

With Peter's help, I could find the incentive policy in Carrollton city. 
This is the link of the website which has the policy.

http://carrolltontxdevelopment.com/index.aspx?page=1373


This is the tex reduction rule in Carrollton city.
And, I could get some PPT resource about the Reiford Project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment